Head Image

First modified Olympus OM-D E-M10 Firmware!

I managed to manipulate the firmware.
Well it's probably less exiting in reality:

I managed to change a little string. (oh boy, I was scared to break my camera)

The information text af the firmware button was modified.
That's the lowest modification level I could think of. And it worked very well.
But I am not sure what's next. I might try a bigger string or a more core level string next. Little footsteps only! You would not want to break your gear either. ;)

You can download the firmware here: http://lightsnowdev.blogspot.com/2014/08/olympus-om-d-e-m10-custom-firmware.html

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Do you have some kind of source code to work with or just the raw binary files?

    I would like to do some changes of the E-M1 firmware so I will try to get the E-M1 files and have a look at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for now I only have the binary files and some decrypted debug strings.

      Delete