Head Image

Hacking Update

A log time has passed since I updated this blog about hacking my Olympus OM-D E-M10.
Since it's exam time till end of March I have only very limited time, but nevertheless I found a new way of launching code inside the firmware files.

If you look closely at the code of the debugging menu, you recognize each command is fairly simmilar. I replaced some code of the debug menu and it worked right away.
I tried to replace the text of this debug command.

Here is a video of the result:




I will have another look at this in a few days. In April I have plenty of time to work on this.
Also I will release on online tool how to update/downgrade your camera with the SD card.

See you soon.

4 comments:

  1. It's great! Waiting for more news from you in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy to learn that there is a hacked firmware out there. But I can't find anywhere on your blog about what the hacked firmware actually do - other than write that it's hacked.
    Can you help me out by saying a little bit about what to expect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. +1, modifications are very minors

    ReplyDelete